|Homework, Spring 2002|
Field Sensing Exercise (March 6, 2002)
Agronomy Experiment Station:
Wednesday, March 6, 2002
Farm road west to Hall of fame
Hall of fame to Virginia
Go west on Virginia, ¼ mile (#222 is on the left)
1. Collect hand-held sensor readings from 10 plots
Treatments (Reps 1 and 3)
2. Assign a visual score (1-5) to each plot
3. Plot NDVI readings versus visual score
4. Plot N rate (treatmens 1-4) versus NDVI
5. Plot N rate (treatments 1-4) versus visual score
6. Plot visual score versus NDVI
7. Question: Was N rate correlated with NDVI?
At what rate did NDVI peak?
Can NDVI be used to replace visual scores?
8. Did your NDVI reading pick up differences due to K fertilization (8 vs 3)?