|Homework, Spring 2003|
Estimating CV's by Method of Sampling (Jan 31, 2003)
1. Determine the mean, standard
deviation and CV using the following sampling methods for
I. Soil pH
4. Why would it be important to understand sampling method variability and soil test parameter variability?
1. Plot spectral radiance versus wavelength (350 - 1100 nm) for PLANTS 1 and 2.
2. Plot spectral radiance versus wavelength (350 - 1100 nm) for the WHITE Plate
3. Compute reflectance (Plants 1 and 2 reading divided by the White Plate) and plot this reading versus wavelength (350 - 1100 nm).
4. Collect NDVI readings from Plants 1 and 2 using GreenSeeker.
5. What is the difference between radiance and reflectance?
6. What major differences in reflectance were noted between plants 1 and 2?
7. Were there differences in Plants 1 and 2 using GreenSeeker? What were they?
8. Compute NDVI from the reflectance readings from plants 1, 2, and 3 using RED (655-665) and NIR (775-785). Compare this NDVI reading with the NDVI readings from the GREENSEEKER.